Tuesday, June 30, 2009

from simple headache to migraine

I’m still not feeling well. Yesterday afternoon after attending a boring tiresome meeting I got a headache absorbing what they were discussing. And this morning when I wake up after a not so goodnight sleep my head is still throbbing with pain. This time the pain is only on the left side of my head even affecting my left eye . . . OMG! it’s not a just a simple headache anymore but it’s my migraine taking place this time. I took 2 paracetamol but still to no avail. My migraine is still getting worse and I hate it because the pain is pulsating badly. Waaaaaaaa . . .


Wikipedia define Migraine as a neurological syndrome characterized by altered bodily perceptions, headaches and nausea. Physiologically, the migraine headache is a neurological condition more common to women than to men. The word migraine was borrowed from Old French migraigne (originally as “megrim”, but respelled in 1777 on a contemporary French model). The French term derived from a vulgar pronunciation of the Late Latin word hemicranias, itself based on Greek hemikrania, from Greek roots for “half” and “skull”. The typical migraine headache is unilateral and pulsating, lasting from 4 to 72 hours. Symptoms include nausea, vomiting, photophobia (increased sensitivity to bright light) and hyperacusis (increased sensitivity to sound), approximately one third of people who suffer migraine headache perceive aura – unusual visual, olfactory, or other sensory experiences that are a sign that the migraine will soon occur.


Hope this migraine of mine will soon subside for it really affects my day here at the office.

1 comment:

processor said...

good article.. succes for you...

http://1001processor.blogspot.com